Saturday, March 27, 2010

Later, later, later.

Hello. My name is Caitlin. And I am a world-class procrastinator.

We're learning about genes in biology and Mr. P. says that everything about us is coded into a gene in our DNA. I wonder if that includes procrastination. I wonder if there is this little section of DNA that says "incredible procrastinator; success rate with deadlines = .00001%; not known to efficiently completin algebra homework, history assignments and laundry". And if it's there I wonder if there is some procedure that could remove this little gene. Hmmm...

I hate doing laundry.
I hate doing algebra.
I hate reading my history textbook.
I'm feeling very hateful so I'm gonna stop this little hate list.

I'm really bad. I mean reallllly bad. I always study last minute for tests. It works for me because that way I read all of the material the night before the test so it sticks for said test, but still, it's not fun and it's very stressful.

One time for world literature class, I had to have Silas Marner read by a certain Monday. I had 6 weeks to read this book. Guess what? I read twenty pages during those 6 weeks, and Sunday night I was up until 1:30 finishing it.

Yes, I'm that horrible.

And you think I'd learn. I can make myself do stuff but I just... have this little demon inside of me telling me "later. later. later. do it later". Stupid little Later Demon, shut up! Now! Now! I must do it now!

Grrr. I have a ton of laundry to do. As in... I have no more clean clothes. And my mother has no socks because I run out of those first then steal hers. Sorry, Mama.

I have had two and a half weeks to do my algebra. Is it done? Have I touched it? No. When is it due? Monday morning.

In biology I should have rewritten a lot of my notes and made flash cards for my test next week. Have I even read the material for Monday's lecture? Of course not.

It's really not the hardest thing in the world to overcome, and yet, I have not mastered my little Later Demon. I do believe I am lazy! -gasp-

I'm getting better about it, especially since I started college. But if I were to really tackle this little issue of mine, I know I could do a lot better. I'd appreciate prayers :P Haha I'm working on it!!

Okay anywho there's my random little blurb about my insignifigant little issue. And here is a Bible verse to top it all off because He is my rock, He is going to help me cast out Mr. Later, and He just makes me happy (:


"I lift my eyes to the hills-
where does my help com rfom?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth."
-Psalm 121:1-2

2 comments:

  1. Procrastination has been conquered by yours truly. Answer: NO MORE SCHOOL! I don't really procrastinate on other things.

    Oh, and why didn't you tell me you have a new blog? That isn't fair. I just have to find it on my own. Hmph.

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure there is a support group for this type of thing.(:

    ReplyDelete