Friday, March 26, 2010

"Crabby Caitie" rears her ugly head.

I hate those days when you're just having to constantly check yourself and make sure your sour mood isn't lashing out and clawing at others. Kinda the opposite of those "Happy Days" I was telling you about.

I just feel like being bitter and mean and rotten and nasty and lazy and it's just all so dirty and sinful that it makes me feel even worse!! Luckily this morning God opened my eyes to several verses that command us to DELIGHT in Him. Delight! Is there any happier word? I think not. Delight is like... sunshine and Starbucks and puppies. And why shouldn't I delight in Him and His love?? Because I'm a selfish little human who wants what I want and thinks that my moodiness is so utterly important that it should prevail over His law. Thank God for His grace, eh? I mean, really, when I think about it... I could easily be a garden overrun with weeds. A Jealousy weed, a Complaining weed, a Gluttonous weed, oh hundreds of them! But one of my absolute favorite verses comes out of Romans, 6:14: "For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace." The only reason I am not an ugly garden overrun with weeds, is because the law that I break does bind me... But I am freed through His grace. How awesome is that?!

Every nasty little thing I do is like a shackle, and they hold me back, stall me on the path He has prepared. And yet the very one who I have disobeyed and disrespected, frees me. Geeze. Now I feel really dirty.

Lord, thank you for Your grace. Your abundant compassion and unfailing love that releases me from the burdens and shackles that I cast upon myself. Thank you for gently reminding me that nothing of my own, including crabby moods, should hinder me from obeying You and loving you and seeking You. In Your name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I love your description of delight!! I know I have days like that too... It's hard to rise above that kinda stuff. OHHHHH hey my parents said it would be totally fine if it works out for you to come stay during/before/after/whatever state shooting -jumping up and down- so whenever we get home next week my mom's gonna email yours and chat about it :D

    ReplyDelete