Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy day! (:

Ever wake up and just know you're gonna have a happy day? It may not necessarily be a good day. But it's happy.

Today, I am all by my lonesome. I know, cry a tear for me won't you? Daddy & Hal are going to a bull sale in Estancia, Mama is going to Albuquerque to sell Daddy's bobcat hides, and Tyler and Grandpa are gonna be out working all morning. Hmmm. Don't I feel like a lazy butt? So far I have made a pancake- but it was a rather spectacular pancake, if I do say so myself! It was a mickey mouse pancake! Perfectly cooked, with eyes and a mouth made out of chocolate chips. It was almost a shame to eat it... but it tasted too good for me to feel too terribly guiltyyy. And then I opened this huge jar of Jelly Belly beans and started to pick out all the good ones. Light orange, clear-ish pink, green (just not the dark ones- you WILL regret it), and bright red. The other ones? N.A.S.T.Y. Don't touch them. Especially not the white ones with yellowish spots. My taste buds almost jumped down my throat and hid in my tummy. If it has spots, don't eat it. Trust. Me.

Anywhooo. All I gotta do today is a few dishes and cook somethin for dinner and clean the tack room, which should be an interesting experience. There's probably a monster hidden in the back corner scarier than a spotted jelly bean. I'm telling you, avoid them at all costs!

And there are two things I shall end this post with; the first being a Bible verse through which God spoke to me this morning.


"Arise, O Lord, let not man triumph;
let the nations be judged in your presence.
Strike them with terror, O Lord;
let the nations know they are but men."
-Psalms 9:19-20


We are but men. We are but men. Let Him lead us, for we are but men.

And secondly, a picture of my cute little pancake. May he RIP.


2 comments:

  1. OH your pancake is cutteeeeee!! (whaaaa did I just say a pancake is cute?!) Totally agree with you on the jelly bean -high five- those white with spots are gross, so are the black ones! If I get to go to state 4H this year we need to gorge on a gi-gantic bag of jelly beans hahaha I would so go into a sugar coma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. blah! dark jelly beans are the worst. like your new look

    ReplyDelete